What is the program?
• Provides for the no-cost installation of a temperature modulation controller on any central boiler or water heater serving 2 or more dwelling units
• Controller saves 10-20% off your water heating gas bill using simple control strategy
• Fast and easy installation, no hot water shut off is required
How does the water heater controller work?
• Controller automatically adjusts the water temperature based on hot water demand.
• During peak periods of hot water use, the temperature remains at its existing state
• During low/no periods of use (e.g. middle of the night) temperature resets to a lower temperature.
• Reduces water heater gas use by 10-20%
• Quick and easy: Takes less than an hour to install
• Does not require shutting off the hot water system (no tenant notifications need posting)
• Technician will also conduct a 16-point inspection of the water heater system and make necessary recommendations
• Project maybe selected for inspection by SoCal Gas
• Must be multifamily building with 2 or more units and central water heating.
• Must be customer or SoCal Gas
• That's it!
How to Enroll?
• Sign and return the program application along with the copy of your building's gas bill
• A program representative will contact you to schedule the installation.